THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER ACTIVE PLEASE VISIT H31IX.NET FOR THE NEW ONE

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER ACTIVE PLEASE VISIT H31IX.NET FOR THE NEW ONE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Server Down?

3 posters

Go down

Server Down? Empty Server Down?

Post  ODarkDragon Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:58 pm

What the heck does End of Stream mean!? Is it like... does it just mean I can't access the server or something? WTH. I'm pissed off cause I wanna connet. Sad
ODarkDragon
ODarkDragon
Builder

Back to top Go down

Server Down? Empty Re: Server Down?

Post  H31IX Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:13 pm

Its a glitch that happens when notch's server is down
H31IX
H31IX
Admin

http://h31ix.net

Back to top Go down

Server Down? Empty you know

Post  zakstillwell Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:12 pm

for the most part, h31ix not only knows when the server is down, but also usually has something to do with it. in this case not, but instead of clogging the forum with help messages, just close minecraft. wait 5 minutes or so. then get back on. that usually works for me.
zakstillwell
zakstillwell
Builder

Back to top Go down

Post  H31IX Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:00 pm

zakstillwell wrote:for the most part, h31ix not only knows when the server is down, but also usually has something to do with it. in this case not, but instead of clogging the forum with help messages, just close minecraft. wait 5 minutes or so. then get back on. that usually works for me.

This should be a golden rule of our server - unless its one of the rare times when the server unexpectedly goes down because of not enough ram, It's usually me restarting the sever which takes around 10 seconds, me installing a new plugin which takes about 30 seconds to one minute, or changing the .jar file the server runs on which can take 5 to 10 minutes depending on the severity of the upgrade

I'm going to put this out now and say within the next 2 months we will be upgrading to bukkit, the Hey0 replacement software which will be developed hand in hand with Mojang, the makers of minecraft, so it will be more stable and reliable then ever. However most of the plugins which we all know and are dependant on are still being ported to bukkit. Once hey0 left and stopped upgrading his software, I have made the decision to stay on unnoficial hey0 builds even though a pre-release of bukkit is out, so that bukkit can become more developed and secure before we make the switch - this doesnt mean much for you guys except for there may be a day soon where the server is NOT on all day or for a few days, maybe only an hour, I don't really know. I ask that you hold your tits and not freak out while this happens Smile you can read more about bukkit here bukkit.org
H31IX
H31IX
Admin

http://h31ix.net

Back to top Go down

Server Down? Empty i agree

Post  zakstillwell Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:34 pm

It should be a golden rule, no more posting problems with temporary problems about the server. and with the same rules as other things. 1 verbal warning. 2 temporary ban 3 permanent demotion to guest.
zakstillwell
zakstillwell
Builder

Back to top Go down

Server Down? Empty What the hell man..

Post  ODarkDragon Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:34 pm

zakstillwell wrote:It should be a golden rule, no more posting problems with temporary problems about the server. and with the same rules as other things. 1 verbal warning. 2 temporary ban 3 permanent demotion to guest.

You can't punish people for posting about how sometimes they can't connect, you should only do that if your being flamed or trolled. PLUS, who the hell put you in charge?
ODarkDragon
ODarkDragon
Builder

Back to top Go down

Server Down? Empty i am done taking crap from you guys,

Post  zakstillwell Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:34 pm

ODarkDragon wrote:
zakstillwell wrote:It should be a golden rule, no more posting problems with temporary problems about the server. and with the same rules as other things. 1 verbal warning. 2 temporary ban 3 permanent demotion to guest.

You can't punish people for posting about how sometimes they can't connect, you should only do that if your being flamed or trolled. PLUS, who the hell put you in charge?
h31ix agrees with what is ay so you can just not read it! Smile
zakstillwell
zakstillwell
Builder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down