THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER ACTIVE PLEASE VISIT H31IX.NET FOR THE NEW ONE

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER ACTIVE PLEASE VISIT H31IX.NET FOR THE NEW ONE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HOW TO MAKE A PORTFOLIO

Go down

HOW TO MAKE A PORTFOLIO Empty HOW TO MAKE A PORTFOLIO

Post  H31IX Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:03 pm

Ok, so you have done the builder app stuff, and you have built some CRAZY amazing structures, you have played for a LONG time on our server, you have gotten to know people well, you are friendly, support people, and are well liked and known on the server, and now you want to be an adv builder.

What you can do is set up a portfolio of your work on this thread. By "portfolio" I mean pictures of your work.

To take a picture of minecraft:
1) get into the area where your structure is
2) look at your structure and frame up a good photo (you can post more then one of a single structure to show different angles, insides, etc.)
3) hold down the F1 key on your keyboard (you can not do this if you dont mind the HUD being in the picture)
4) press f2 to take a photo
5) you can find the photo saved at this location on your pc:
C:\Users\(yourusername)\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\screenshots
(NOTE the appdata file MIGHT be hidden, but if you type that in (with correct username) your file browser it will come up.
6) upload that photo to a file sharing site like tinypic.com and in your portfolio post you can hit the photo button and post the url of the photo to post it

Pictures must be of something YOU have built - its best to be honest because we will know if its not yours and we HATE liars.
Pictures CAN have texture packs as long as its clear what you have done and the texture doesnt modify the structure or get in the way.

People wont say YES or NO, to your application, they will browse through portfolios and if they like what they see they will give you a vote
(message will go something like "I like (whatever structure) I give you my vote"
MESSAGES SAYING NO OR ANYTHING BUT VOTING FOR THE PERSON TO BE ADV BUILDER WILL BE REMOVED, THEY AREN'T HELPFUL.

What this means is that you can have an adv portfolio running for as long as you like and constantly update it until you get your approval by an admin.

I think its safe to think you guys would know but Ill make it clear: YOU NEED TO BE A BUILDER TO APPLY FOR ADV BUILDER.

HAVE FUN BUILDING!
H31IX
H31IX
Admin

http://h31ix.net

Back to top Go down